Statement of Carbon Neutrality
Aetopia has set out to become Carbon Neutral by the end of 2021. We have analysed our carbon emissions for 2020 in the following areas:
- Office premises - electricity for cloud computing and day to day operations, gas for heating
- Business travel - flights, bus, train, vehicle fuel & taxis
- Commuting - cars, public transport
In 2020, we emitted 13 tonnes of C02e (29 tonnes in 2019). The reduced figure was expected as employees worked from home during the COVID 19 pandemic.
What we’re doing to offset our carbon emissions
Aetopia offsets its carbon emissions with NI tree planting via the Carbon Footprint website - the project mainly plants in school locations, helping to educate children and support wildlife habitats whilst sequestering carbon emissions. For each tCO2e offset, one tree is planted in the UK and an additional tCO2e is offset through a VCS Tree Buddying project to guarantee the emission reductions.
We also encourage our employees to:
- Use Fairtrade products in the office, ie coffee, tea, chocolate, sweets, snacks
- Ditch single-use plastic for reusable cups and containers for lunches and coffees
- Encourage public transport and cycle to work
- Encourage use of electric and hybrid vehicles
- Turn down the heating
- Switch off lights and appliances
- Power save on laptops and monitors